The world of SEO is a closed book to many and yet, if you want your website to be found by the search engines, it’s important to know something about SEO, and relevant SEO tips.
With the largest search engine, Google, constantly changing its algorithms (the factors it uses to decide how to rank a website) the goalposts are continually being moved!
If you are a blogger like myself, keeping up to date with the latest changes to Google and the SEO tips to manage those changes, can be practically impossible.
But some SEO tips and tricks are evergreen, meaning that if you get these right you won’t have to continually adapt to incorporate Google’s latest updates.
SEO Tips For Beginners
We probably all know that it is essential to have quality content on our sites that is regularly updated, and to target relevant keywords.
But after that what can we do to improve our search engine rankings if we are newbies to all of this?
A great start would be to watch this video I found recently from Pat Flynn of Smart Passive Income containing 5 MIni SEO Tips To Help You Get An Edge On The Competition.
As Pat says, we are not competing against the search engines but against other websites so we just need to do a bit better than them.
Here are Pat’s 5 Mini SEO Tips in nutshell
1. Include images in blog posts, and use your keyword in the file name, title and alternate text of your image.
If you have more than one image, use alternate keywords.
2. Optimise your permalink url by reducing it to reflect your keywords
3. Create a Google+ page for your website
4. Create a YouTube channel for your website
5. If you have any affiliate links on your site, make sure they are ‘no follow’. Pat suggests 2 WordPress plugins that can assist you with this:
If you are unsure how to do any of the above, it’s certainly worth watching the video as Pat talks you through them.
If you have any other SEO tips that you would like to share, I’d love to hear about them, so please do share in the comments below!
To your success